Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cheap Mens Clothes



The “down low” on men’s name brand and stylish attire is low prices. My quest to meet these standards started 20 years ago, for a boyfriend with little money and hated to shop. This spread to colleagues and family members. Why me? I love to shop and I find good deals! To this day my greatest find was an Italian, hand sewn, silk tie originally marked $225 and I paid $12.95.
If you good deals on men’s clothing, you first must put aside any stigma about the clearance rack. My mother instilled in me the instinct to shop there first and it has served me well. Second, understand that to get great deals, you must shop regularly. When you shop with a particular item in mind, face it – you never find it. Last – now you can insert some additional rules for yourself such as never buy unless it’s at least 35% off – but last is making sure your “find” is returnable, because things may not seem as they appear once you get home!
Where to shop?
Two of my regular stops are Ross and Marshall’s. These national retailers have great prices, yet size selection and colors not consistent. Geoffrey Beene dress shirts; Tommy Bahama sporting wear; and Cole Haan shoes come to mind from a recent shop, at about 60% off retail! You gotta like that. These stores are great for name brand boxers and t-shirts. Keep in mind that geographic location make a big difference in the quality and quantity of name brand duds in these stores. These are the types of stores you have to shop regularly.
My new favorite for Men’s Attire is Steinmart. They are not a national chain yet, so when you see one, check it out. This is a “mid-stop” between your discount store and a general department store. You will find a better selection of name brand tags and pricing is generally less than 20% off retail. Steinmart does have amazing sales. Watch for sale days and newspaper coupons for additional discounts. Again geographic location will make a big difference in what you find and seasonal items are always a find.




No comments:

Post a Comment